Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Lancet Device (actually a replacement)

My wife came in from a day of Christmas shopping and handed me a package, saying, "here's an early birthday present." She bought me a replacement lancet device, the Accu-Chek Multiclix, which was lost with the meter I lost in Jersey. Guess guilt overcame her. :-) It cost $27USD plus tax.

I read through the instructions again and made a stunning discovery .... that I had not been advancing the lancets properly on the one I lost. You need to quarter turn the barrel after each use to advance to the next lancet. I was just clicking it like a pen to load the lancet. In effect I was reusing the same lancet over-and-over again. And lets face it, being the lazy person that I am, I purposely "reused" the lancet drum. But I thought I was reusing the 6 lancets. Nope, dummy me was reusing the SAME single lancet each time.

Maybe I'll get it right this time. My wife said, "see what happens when you don't read the directions." But what's funny is that I know I had read the instructions the last time and still got it wrong! Live and learn. Or maybe in this case prick your finger and learn.

No comments: